2005 Acura MDX Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2005 Acura MDX owners like you.

2005 Acura MDX Ratings Overview
3 car owners like you reviewed their 2005 Acura MDX. The average rating is a 4.5 out of 5.
By on 12/6/10 | Plainfield, IL
Bought used from the dealer with low mileage and a good price. It is now 6 yrs. old and has had just normal maintenance, except for tires and battery replacement. It has been reliable and utilitarian, albeit with lousy gasy mileage. I would strongly recommend this vehicle to any family as an excellent SUV. Major weakness is the sound system.
By on 7/13/10 | Fort Lauderdale, FL
Great car except for the transmission (torque converter). Just picked up my 2005 MDX from dealer after replacing the torque converter. It appears that the vibration/grinding between 35-40 mph has now been eliminated. For background, I reported this problem in March 2009, a couple of months prior to the expiration of my warranty. The service tech stated that he/she could not reproduce the noise I was hearing. Over a year later, the noise was now continuous. I took the vehicle in and this time the service tech could hear the noise. I was told that the vehicle was out of warranty (45,000 miles, but over 60 months) and that it would cost $2,000 to $3,000 to fix the problem. I opened up a case file with Honda America. After several calls, I was offered a repair for $500. I continued to complain and mentioned that I had uncovered over 100 complaints for the exact same issue. The Honda rep. still would not budge on the $500 cost to me. Finally, I mentioned that I might pursue a "class action suit". He said he would speak to the district supervisor. Miraculously, he came back and said that Honda America could cover 100% of the repair. I would suggest that anyone battling this issue out with Honda America mention "class action suit". There attitude seems to change quite significantly! Good luck!
By on 7/7/09 | Greensburg, PA
Great ride, power, comfort and with decent fuel efficiency if driven gently.