2001 Acura MDX Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from 2001 Acura MDX owners like you.

2001 Acura MDX Ratings Overview
6 car owners like you reviewed their 2001 Acura MDX. The average rating is a 4.0 out of 5.
By on 6/7/14 | Port Saint Lucie, FL
Srs indcator light stay on why
By on 2/1/14 | Dunnellon, FL
is it so that you have to change timing belt on the motor every 75000 miles.
By on 5/31/13 | Lake Worth, FL
2001 Mdx Acura : Just change oil and wash down engine went to take it out for a drive it cut off. What do you think is wrong. Pls help!!
By on 4/1/12 | Centerville, IA
At 140k my 201 MDX started making a weird transmission noise. It didn't slip, it just sounded like something wasn't right. I tookit to an Acura deal;ership to check out the problem. They said, "We don't repair, we replace for $6500. I took it to AAMCO and they said, "$2500 to rebuild." I called up a long-time mechanic friend who in college won the national champianship in transmission repair. He told me to get a product called "Torque Converter Shudder Control" made by www.drtranny.com and I wouldn't have to call him back. I found it at O'Reilly Auto Parts for less than 7 bucks. My MDX now has 255k. I keep my transmission serviced by pumping in new transmission fluid as old is pumped out of the entire transmission. Also keep that 2 ounce product in my transmission. That priduct ought togoin every transmission over 100k. Just cut off end of tube and squeeze in Transmission dip stick.
By on 9/8/10 | Norfolk, VA
Known Faulty Transmission Torque Converter on all models from 2001 - 2006. Only chose to service the 2005-2006 and screw all the others. Badf Car, Bad Company.
By on 1/18/09 | Virginia Beach, VA
1 biggie: 77K the transmission locked up. Lucky me..I had purchased 100K warranty. It was replaced and is running great again. Like promised, EGR valve failed-but for some reason, every car I have owned I have had to replace an egr valve! The motor mounts mysteriously loosened!! Husband said it was my driving!! All in all 8 years old it has been and continues to be a relatively repair free car. Powerful and the rear is larger than most any luxury suv. Quite comfortable ride. When check engine light comes on it also lights up the VTM-4 (4wheel drive) light..this scared the hell out of me the first time.