im trying to take my ignition switch out ive done drilled 4 holes in the mount and still cant get it out how does it come out? my fuel pump aint kicking on and the guy that had it before me changed the ignition before and i think he messed it up because he said he didnt try it after he put it in because the timing was off so i had to reset the timing too
removal of ignition switch on 1990 Volkswagen Jetta
Asked by for the 1990 Volkswagen Jetta
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Visitor ,
November 14, 2010
i'm not sure if it would be the same, but i have a 96' and i had to take the steering wheel and all switches on the steering column off. then there is a couple of bolts to loosen up and then the whole thing, mount and all, should slide up off of the steering shaft.
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- loud knocking sound and now car wont turn over...what do I check first?
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
1990 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Heater Hose Replacement ($114 - $156) in Milladore, WI
- Clutch Replacement ($1,071 - $1,410) in Crestline, OH
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Eureka, KS
- Transmission Fluid Change ($141 - $174) in Eagle Lake, MN
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($109 - $186) in Bristol, PA
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($917 - $961) in Terra Alta, WV