im trying to take my ignition switch out ive done drilled 4 holes in the mount and still cant get it out how does it come out? my fuel pump aint kicking on and the guy that had it before me changed the ignition before and i think he messed it up because he said he didnt try it after he put it in because the timing was off so i had to reset the timing too
removal of ignition switch on 1990 Volkswagen Jetta
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Visitor ,
November 14, 2010
i'm not sure if it would be the same, but i have a 96' and i had to take the steering wheel and all switches on the steering column off. then there is a couple of bolts to loosen up and then the whole thing, mount and all, should slide up off of the steering shaft.
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My 2006 Volkswagen jetta dash board lights went out and it would not accelerate
- After installing aftermarket stereo car will crank but will not turn over.
- Trunk will not open with key or switch. can I open it from inside the trunk?
- Whats makes it not shift out of park
- EPC Light Comes on when Headlights turned on, break lights also stay on
1990 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Milladore, WI
- Brake Drum Replacement ($327 - 464) in Crestline, OH
- 52,500 Mile Service ($42 - 105) in Eureka, KS
- Head Gasket Replacement ($878 - 1,163) in Eagle Lake, MN
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($207 - 258) in Bristol, PA
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($74 - 130) in Terra Alta, WV