Car Questions

Rear Wiper Problem

(1998 BMW 323i)
in Nye, MT on April 08, 2009
I have a BMW 323 and during the recent snow, the read windscreen wiper stopped working. The blade doesn't move, nor does water spray when I depress the stalk. However, I can hear the washer whirring, despite all the inactivity. I've checked the fuses and they appear to be all right. Does anyone know what could be wrong?
Displaying 1 answers & 1 comments
I wonder could the wiper have frozen to the screen? Lift the blade off the rear windscreen and operate the wiper, does it work or can you hear the motor try to work. See if the nut that secures the wiper arm to the wiper spindle has come loose from trying to operate the wiper arm when it had frozen to the screen.
on April 09, 2009
Thank you auto, for your suggestion, I'll give that a try!

The battery was down because I left tail gate open for several hours. When I tried to start it the engine could not ...
1997 dodge grand caravan LE 3.8. Front & rear wipers not working. Used test light have power. Checked motor it's good...