Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Rear End

(1999 Ford Explorer)
in Richmond, VA on September 01, 2009
I have say 1/4 inch soft rubber hose hanging from the rear end of my explorer. Someone hooked it back up at one time and has come off again and I can't locate where it goes so I can hook it back on and clamp it.
Ask a Question
Displaying 1 answer & 0 comments
Popular Answer
on September 01, 2009
Sounds like it's just a breather hose to vent the axle to the outside air. Keeps pressure in the axle housing from building up and pushing gear oil where it shouldn't go, You can wire tie it up high somewhere but don't kink it as it needs to breathe.
Sign in to reply
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
I have been told if i tune it to the extra 154 hp and 350 lbs of torque will blow my training or rear end end is this...
It feels like it's something in the rear end. at first i thought it was the transmission but now it seems more like b...
Didn't find what you were looking for?