Car Questions

Rear differtial problem

(2003 Cadillac Escalade)
in Chattanooga, TN on May 22, 2011
I have a 2003 Cadillac Escalade. On the way to taking my vehicle to be serviced, I began to hear a low humming noise in the center rear of the car.I had the oil changed and was told that I needed rear shocks. Considering that I was not convienced that the shocks where bad. I went and had a second opinion and was told that the shock wear ok and the vibration was due to the rear differitial and that possibly some bearings had gone bad. Needless to say I am exspecting a nice price for repairs, but I wanted a ball park figure to work with. So at least I will know if I am being ripped off. Thank you.
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
on May 22, 2011
Depending on how many 'hard parts' have to be replaced in your rear diif, it can run from $900 -1600. $1600 if the ring gear and pinion gear are damaged and need replacing, $900 if it is bearings and seals only.

I have a 2005 escalade 6.0 and was wondering what gas to use
lost key had new key cut reprogramed key need to reset security system