Car Questions

Radio hook-up problems

(1990 Chevrolet S10 Blazer)
in Florence, SC on July 27, 2009
I have a 1989 S-10 Blazer. I'm trying to hook up my radio but I'm not getting anything . There was a radio in there once b-4 working. When I tried to put a CD player in there it's not working. I have 2 CD players i attempted to put in and I get nothing.. What am I doing wrong?
Displaying 4 answers & 0 comments
on August 26, 2009
Did you figure it out? In situations like this I like to have a wiring diagram to figure out which wire is which.
on May 03, 2010
i had the same problem check the horn fuse its the constant power wire for the radio dont ask y just a gm thing
on August 03, 2010
make sure you have a good ground you may have to run your own wire
on August 08, 2010
Check the fuse. I did this hooking up subs and an amp with my new radio. If the wires make contact with bare metal then it will blow the fuse.This is probably what is wrong.
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

No flashing lights on dashboard. it happens near end of trip coming off hiway. i have ac on, radio on, braking and ...
I have changed battery, reset key fob, checked wiring which ac is not connected back yet. replaced it new but no frid...