A Little Help Please....Elec. Radiator Fan Problem
1999 Ford Contour

A Little Help Please....Elec. Radiator Fan Problem

(1999 Ford Contour)
I recently noticed my temp. gauge riasing an found that my fan is not coming on anymore. Haven't done anything yet but found this out and wondered if this info. might clue someone in as to whats wrong. "If I turn my AC/HEATER knob to the defrost position, the radiator fan will kick on and therefore cool the motor, weather I'm sitting in traffic or not. Weather the motor is hot or not." And if I turn that knob back to off, the fan will then shut off because the motor is cool but will not turn back on unless I turn the knob back to defrost. I thought a relay(low speed) but someone said a sensor. What about the resistor on the shroud? Will the codes tell me witch? or can you? ANY IDEAS?

Ps. Heat works fine and so does the A/C
1 answer & 1 comment
on December 30, 2010
This sounds like a fan temp sensor( if equipped ) or the engine coolant temp sensor. All the other stuff, like the resistor etc is all being used when you turn on the fan by turning on the A/C, so they are working.
that includs the relays?

and there's only one sensor right? 2.oL on top of the thermastat housing?

HELLO
General Diagnosis
$88 - $111 Learn More
that includs the relays?

and there's only one sensor right? 2.oL on top of the thermastat housing?

HELLO

Last summer i went to a party and got hammered. i woke up got in my car and went to drive away and i noticed the...
How do you get it out