Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported car problems

Reported by joethebut for the Cadillac DeVille

Read solutions and gas cap loose,made tight and light went off.Thanks

Reported by hydraulicpro for the Toyota Solara

Our Solara has 158,000 miles now and Toyota as announced that they are going to replace it for free on many models. It is important that you contact your local Toyota dealer as quickly as possible. Oldest problems get fixed first and the parts are just starting to come in now here in the Tampa, FL area. Good Luck!

Reported by FrankWinner for the Chrysler Sebring

My 2000 Chrysler Sebring has lost instrument panel, door locks, power top, wipers and air conditioning. After a day it all came back, then two days later it all fails again.

Reported by Cody26 for the Pontiac G6

Both of my low beam headlight keep going out. Can replace them and with in two days there blowed again. My brother and one of my friends are having the same problem with there G6

Reported by unclesebby for the Dodge Avenger

First off, this is NOT the problem that most 2008 Avengers have where the shifter will not move out of park. This is where you shift out of park, but there is no resistance at all. The vehicle remains in park. The problem here is a cheap connection between the shifter cable and the transmission. This happened to me while parked in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and I am from Tampa. I ended up having to stay overnight for the repair. This is fairly common ...

Reported by steeler6 for the Buick Park Avenue

both rear doors seized up. can not
open them from inside or outside.

Reported by houstontexan75 for the Pontiac Grand Am

The speedometer jumps constantly is and Now the RPM'S stay high, and today it overheated by the Guage reading. It feels as if it's losing power while driving. I'm thinking it's a starter issue draining power..but I need advice

Reported by 2001 grand prix for the Pontiac Grand Prix

Car quits on road. Anytime, hot or cold.....computer shuts off injectors ( has spark and fuel pressure). Has new crank position sensor, throttle position sensor, fuel filter and fuel pump tested. Have had to several shops. Any ideas would help!

Reported by tvail for the Dodge Caliber

Module with fuses in box under hood. It is corroded and apparently this should be recalled by dodge because a lot of people are having the same problem at a cost of a $1,000 to replace it. This fuse box should be inside the car. It controls the lights, wipers, radio, turn signals and is usually on the inside of vehicles and not under the hood. I do not have money to replace it and the warranty company will not. It should be recalled. Als...

Reported by mefoster69 for the Oldsmobile Aurora

2001 oldsmobile aurora 4.0 windows and doorlocks quit working checked relays and fuses but no luck.

Reported by myaudime for the Audi A4 Quattro

the lights come on when they are ready.Car is not on they are jus flashing,you can bedriving and they just come on flashing

Reported by luckeylaredo for the GMC Sierra 1500

My drivers side door handle come off in my hand when I went to open the door. The mileage at that time was 60,200 miles. GMC would not do anything because it was 200 miles over warranty. Yesterday, the passenger side door handle came off in my hand, The mileage is 63,185 miles, These trucks are made very very cheap all the parts are plastic. Solution??????? I guess I will have to get it fixed somewhere. They want 300.00 to fix the damn thin...

Reported by rojobro50 for the Chevrolet Silverado 1500

(INTERMITTENT) When you turn the ignition to start nothing happens. No dash light, nothing. After several times of cycling the key it will eventually start with everything being normal. Sometimes (intermittently) when it power is restored the clock will have to be reset as if the battery had been disconnected. I have had the battery/terminals checked with no problems. This problem is becoming more frequent.

Reported by VDE for the Toyota Tacoma

Engine oil slowly leaking onto catalytic converter, creating smell/smoke. Was due to loose valve cover bolts. Both sides to be re-tighten.

Reported by VDE for the Toyota Tacoma

Radiator cracked at the top, on the plastic part. Replace radiator.

Reported by VDE for the Toyota Tacoma

High vibrations due to one cylinder misfiring. Was due to spark plug wires. Replace all spark wires (kit) and check coils.

Reported by Estyle for the Isuzu Rodeo

I changed the Oil, but after driving for about ten minutes the Oil gauge rises high and the truck shuts off

Reported by ozburb for the Cadillac Escalade

No transfer of power to the wheels. Transmission oil smells burnt. Needs complete transmission rebuild.
If the owner is intending to do any serious towing, then transmission should be rebuilt with significantly upgraded and stronger parts. Refer to transmission expert.

Reported by Jc 325ci for the BMW 325Ci

I have a problem I took it to a mechanic and my service light engine on he said misfire on first coil so I change the coil and sparks plug and when i put gas on first gear it doesn't give enough juice even on the other gear only when i drive it 15min but when u let it cool off it goes back to normal then engine gets hot I can't accelerate alot pls help me

Reported by amicozzi for the Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD

Brake lines rot early. replace with coated or SS lines.

Reported by brennan.kitch for the Toyota Pickup

The starter cranks, but very slowly. It was working fine then I went on a 10 minute drive and it stopped. I have checked the battery and the starter. They both receive a signal. We also cleaned the cables and reconnected everything. It started and then didn't the next morning. Any ideas what the problem is?

Reported by Clearafb for the Volvo C70

Got a WX64 that dies after running for awhile. Replaced the shutdown solenoid, swapped a bad battery, and replaced the ignition relay

Reported by Sanders48021 and 1 other for the Ford Five Hundred

air conditioner does not blow cold air, when temp is above the 70 and it does blows cooler air on the driver's side and none nowhere in the car, and it does blows cooler air on the driver's side and none nowhere in the car, it actually blows hot air on the passenger side and none in the back, I have had the value replaced twice in the compressor and it only last for maybe 2 summers each time. my question is that ford knows about this problem ...

2 Reports

Reported by chevyman13579 for the Chevrolet Impala

the rpm stick is broken and has been reset and is over the max rpms and on the bottom not the top i dont know why it does this im really good with cars and i have never seen anything like this it works like and ordinary rpm gage but its at the bottom and is not pointing at the number if anyone knows what is wrong with it please comment

Reported by Bucky41 for the Nissan Altima

Passenger door handle does not work, cannot open door from inside

Reported by allsports9497 for the Mercury Mountaineer

In the past few months. I've had 3 different spark plugs fly out of their holes and break the coil pack.

Reported by jamrock917 for the Cadillac CTS

I bought a used 2008 CTS4 in Feb 2014 with 70K miles on it. In May literally 3 months after purchasing it the transmission went out on me. Thank god i bought an warranty on the vehicle to help with the cost. I took it to the Waldorf Cadillac dealership to have the work done. On my invoice they said Technician disassembled the transfer case and the transmission and replaced the input shaft and output shaft. Reassembled and test drove the veh...

Reported by angel8 for the Chrysler Pacifica

I have a 2004 Chrysler pacifica that stars and shuts off right away does anyone know what is this problem thanks.

Reported by RepairPal for the Chrysler New Yorker

The engine may not start or start and run poorly due to the timing belt jumping out of time. If this is the case our technicians tell us that the timing belt should be replaced and a "snubber" installed over the timing belt tensioner plunger.

Verified for the Mazda MPV

If a rumbling noise is heard from the engine, along with a possible loss in power, it may be caused by a collapsed hydraulic timing belt tensioner creating excessive cam backlash. Our technicians recommend replacing the timing belt and water pump at the same time, if they have not been recently replaced.

12 Reports