Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported Ford problems

Reported by Sanders48021 and 1 other for the Ford Five Hundred

air conditioner does not blow cold air, when temp is above the 70 and it does blows cooler air on the driver's side and none nowhere in the car, and it does blows cooler air on the driver's side and none nowhere in the car, it actually blows hot air on the passenger side and none in the back, I have had the value replaced twice in the compressor and it only last for maybe 2 summers each time. my question is that ford knows about this problem ...

2 Reports

Reported by BarbH for the Ford Explorer

80000 miles-the noises started about a year ago-I just finally took it into transmission shop and found out that the TRANSFER CASE needs to be re-built at a cost of $1350 plus tax- really think something like this should not have to be done at 80000 miles

Reported by moni_chris_lyn for the Ford Crown Victoria

I havent ficed it. Im asking a aquestion... reporting a problem

Reported by jax2max and 1 other for the Ford Five Hundred

The entire dashboard flashes, the back lights and alarm go off when driving forward. it idles up and down. it loses power when driving even when the gas pedal is to the floor, it will not pick up speed. I was told by local ford dealer that it was the instrument cluster but that is far from what's really wrong with car. It has not been fixed!!!! The car still does everything listed above.

2 Reports

Reported by ford2011 for the Ford Fusion

I was told that all of my lug nuts were swollen and that they did not have a wrench to fit them to get them off, so they could rotate and balance the tires. They said it was due to a poor design and they had just gotten swollen and could break off at any moment. They had to break them off to put the new ones on because they were stripped and no wrench could fit them. $250 later-because they could only find lug nuts directly from ford that woul...

Reported by wildersj7 and 2 others for the Ford Edge

took my car in for new brakes and After that I continue to her noise breaks started to tighten. Found out the booster was bad.

3 Reports

Reported by Anthony8987 for the Ford Explorer

my power windows won't work at all they worked some what and then someone hooked a stereo and speakers up in my car and now nothing. I checked the fuses that are under power window and their fine. someone please help me a lot of rains coming and one won't roll up lol

Reported by mmlm68 for the Ford Escape

the heat and air wont work unless I have it cranked up to 4. nothing on 1 , 2 , and 3.

Reported by Tonia Richards for the Ford Freestyle

My husband checked the code for the check engine light. It said cylinder 2 misfire. He replaced the plugs, wires and coil pack and still doing it. It doesn't fire up first time either. Sometimes when you turn the car off the gauges on the cluster kind of bounce.

Reported by Ellell Ess for the Ford Escape

First and fourth cylinder. Had Engine rebuilt. On the way home transmission failed. Had transmission rebuilt. After one year transmission started failing again. Then Engine failed again. Fourth cylinder. Junked car at this point.

Reported by BenjieRaymond for the Ford Expedition

My 20 02 Expedition has 190,000 miles. It has been a good vehicle other than 2 fuel pump replacements. Idle normally 600 rpm. Last couple of days Idle oscillated up to 1200 and down to 500. When put in gear it was surging to 2000, with associated lunging.

checked for Vac leaks none noted. Cleaned the IAC Seams to have resolved the problem

Reported by starstar09 for the Ford Escort

The transmission won't go into overdrive. Not sure what to do

Reported by billy1975 for the Ford Fusion

Don't ever buy a Ford. Once a problem to fix remains a problem all the time. One problem after the next. Every year I spent 2000-3000 dollars fixing a stupid Ford. Advise: please don't ever buy a ford

Reported by ddubf250 for the Ford F-250

When truck warms up be driving along and it just dies I can restart it but will die again

Reported by Lm1981 for the Ford Fusion

Warning!!! Do NOT purchase a FORD FUSION!! This car has been nothing but a problem!! The A/C has stopped working, replaced the sensor at the dealership. 6 months later same thing. The door handle on the inside broke thanks to it being made of PLASTIC. I have had it at the dealership due to the trunk slamming on my head numerous times.. And now this piece of crap sounds like a wagon when I am doing anything under 20 mph. The grinding noise when...