Car Problem Reports

Most Reported Car Problem Reports

View:Most ReportedNewestRepairPal Verified

A ringing sound may be noted when shifting from drive to reverse or reverse to drive. Our technicians tell us that replacing the transmission output flange and applying a special substance to the transmission output shaft splines should correct this issue.

My car starts very hard and when it finally does, If I take my foot off of the accelerator it dies. I replaced the IAC but it didn't help. I also pulled the timing belt upper cover and checked the belt, it seems to be ok, no missing teeth. What next.

I backed out of my drive way and there was no problem got down the road. heard a thud got out and check did not see any thing. drove a little further and the brakes where pulsating. sounds like it was coming from the rear but also from the front left side. brakes are working but as I said they are pulsating and making noise..

After six months of having it towed and then loaning it to my local repair shop to drive as a parts car they gave it back to me and said to scrap it. I started pulling things off just to look at them and found the MAP sensor was full of sludge. It looked like a Ford engine back in the day running Quaker State oil (foamy). I replaced the MAP sensor and it ran another 25,000 miles without a problem. The local Buick dealer was a bucket of no ...

For the 4L80- E Transmission only (6.2L Diesel and 7.4L gas engine) the transmission fluid may leak through the electrical connector on the side of the transmission, damaging the wire harness and causing the transmission to shift erratically. Our technicians tell us there are updated shift solenoids, an internal  transmission harness, and a connector pigtail available to correct this fault.

A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.

The alternator may fail causing the battery to go dead. The charge light on the dash may or may not illuminate. The alternator may also develop an abnormal noise. A failed alternator will require replacement.

Analog Tele Aid units are no longer supported and must be updated to digital, preferably at a dealership or a well-equipped independent shop. The update and all related factors should be completed at the same time.

An intermittent problem with static at startup or when the radio is switched to the satellite function can be fixed by replacing the satellite digital audio receiver (SDAR).

A delayed upshift condition may be experienced for about 1/4 mile in cold weather (32 degrees F and below) and is most noticeable after the vehicle has been parked for 8 or more hours. Our technicians tell us the repair involves replacing teflon governor drive seal rings with cast iron seal rings.

Owners may experience one or more of the following conditions: Transmission shifting issues, torque converter clutch apply issues, fault code P0741 (torque converter clutch performance), and a vehicle surge condition. Our technicians tell us that in most cases these issues may be corrected by updating the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software.

How much for a new taillight

Leaks may develop from the differential cover and/or seals on high mileage or older vehicles. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit if these leaks are addressed.

The head lamp wipers are easily damaged, especially by automatic car washes.

The ESP and BAS warning lights may illuminate due to a failed brake light switch. Replacement of the failed switch should correct this concern.

The alternator may fail causing the battery to go dead, or an abnormal noise may develop. The dash warning light may or may not illuminate. A failed alternator will require replacement.

Owners may encounter a shudder condition on torque converter apply and/or delayed engagement of the AC compressor after start-up. Our technicians tell us that both of these conditions may be corrected by updating the powertrain control module (PCM)software.

If You experience a check engine light with Misfire codes, and possibly Catalyst efficiency below threshold and most of all Cam position sensor code on bank 1 or 2 .... Your engine has jumped a tooth on the timing chain more than likely on the crankshaft chain P.S. there is 3 chains in total. Dont chase the codes and spend the money to have it inspected for these codes. Very weird symptoms as far as going into Limp home Mode as well where it s...

The rear hatch can pinch the window weatherstrip and cause a water leak. A new weatherstrip will be needed.
Oil can leak from the oil level sensor seal at the top of the upper oil pan. The seal leaks oil onto the top part of the upper oil pan and then drips onto the lower oil pan, giving the illusion that the leak is between the oil pans.

Leaks may develop from the differential seals and/or cover on older or high mileage vehicles. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit when these leaks are addressed.

Owners may encounter a shudder condition on torque converter apply and/or delayed engagement of the AC compressor after start-up. Our technicians tell us that both of these conditions may be corrected by updating the powertrain control module (PCM) software.

my van starts up great but after driving it for awhile it just dies giving no warning or code. i have changed the fuel pump and have changed the ecm and it runned great for a month then hey same problem occured again. i have notice oil leaks from my oil sending unit and head gasket both sides and am stilling having the problem and ooh it takes ahwile to start up after it shuts off, can anyone help with any suggestions.

bearing frozen

My dodge caliber SXT 2008 just woke up one morning, out of the blue my car didn't start. I tried to jump it, twice. I had no crank or not even turning over, but I could here a noise like it was trying but would fail to start like something was not electrically wired right. I can put the key in and the radio will work/lightup, etc in acc mode. But shut off like it is not communicating with the starter.

So then I got the battery tested, tha...

Excessive smoke from the exhaust, lack of power, and a grinding or scraping noise from the turbocharger can indicate turbo failures. The most frequent cause of turbocharger failure is a lack of frequent oil changes.

A faulty mass air flow (MAF) sensor can cause erratic/rough engine operation and fuel economy issues. Since this sensor measures the actual amount of air entering the motor, when it fails, the engine control module (ECM) takes the wrong information and delivers incorrect volumes of fuel to the cylinders.