Car Questions

PROBLEMS SHIFTING

(2005 Kia Sorento)
in Augusta, ME on May 02, 2011
I have an 05 sorento with the option to "manually" shift, which I did while hauling a trailer. It seemed to drive better that way but now is having trouble shifting into passing gear unless I "manually"shift it into 5th gear. What the heck is the problem with it? Has anybody else had this happen and what do I do? Kia says they will do a diagnostic but I have to pay $85.00, then they may not cover the problem if it is a sensor or a belt! HELP!!
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
on May 02, 2011
It does seem like some kind of transmission software or control management issue. Really the only way to find out is to have the diagnostic test performed.

Feel free to register at www.kiatechinfo.com for free access to Kia's technical information. You can plug your vehicle in and get the same kind of info that the technicians get. May or may not help you in this case...but...after all, knowledge is power...

Sometimes it shifts fine but mostly bad shifts from 1st to 2nd (hard shifts) I have checked everything lock up sylini...
Also there are two different sensors since there are two different transmissions for this vehicle, I was told it has ...