Car Questions

Problem with tail light on 2008 ML550. Mileage is around 50,000

(2008 Mercedes-Benz ML550)
in Washington, DC on December 19, 2012
My rear light would not work even when the bulb was replaced. Dealer says assembly has a grounding problem which the dealer will fix [doing both sides] with a work around but wants around $275 to do so. Is this a design defect or manufacturing defect? Has anyone else experienced this problem? My sense is that MB should cover this cost. Also, the cost for simply replacing one front parking light is around $175 due to the need to remove the light assembly, so labor is the primary cost. I am shocked as to the foregoing expenses. Any comments?
Displaying 2 answers & 0 comments
of Greg's Orange Auto on December 20, 2012
thats mbz for you. sorry but it is what it is.
on October 11, 2014
I found the passenger side rear lamp assembly circuit board had a bad connection due to erosion. I pulled the passenger rear lamp assembly (following instructions posted graciously by others) and examined the circuit board. Found and sanded the eroded connection. Re-assembled and fortunately the rear lamp functioned and the console indication no longer displayed the lamp malfuction. Zero cost.

When the car is cold steering is very normal. What type of cost and repair will this require. Has anyone else been th...
I just bought a used 2008 ML 550 with 109,000 mi. When I drive real slow, ( entering my garage) and try to turn the ...