QUESTIONS

Q: Power Steering Problems. on 1992 Ford Taurus

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
I recently replaced my power steering pump for leaks. The last pump was leaking at the reservoir, I replaced my pump 2 weeks ago and now I'm adding fluid every day sometimes even twice a day. I always check under the car but their are no puddles indicating a leak. Power steering hoses are fine and so is the return hose. Where can the power steering fluid be leaking? Please help me out.
No car image 94a1663db56199c5353592009e34aaa51078a2469bed068bb8d6f0ba43accf97
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
You may be slowly purging an air pocket created in the system when you replaced the pump.

If you're adding pint upon pint - maybe there is something more. But if it's a lesser amount, then it's probably compensating for the air that eventually will purge in full.

And like you said - inspecting for leaks is the only thing you can really do; there's not a hidden place fluid can go. You should look at the rack and pinion steering gear boots - make sure they are not swollen with fluid, and check the physical connections at the lines. Good luck!