The brake handle lifts way up, past perpendicular, and there is no braking action that occurs with applying the park brake. What is likely wrong, and what would be the cost of making my park brake functional?
Park Brake on 1990 Honda Civic
The rear brakes and park brake need to be inspected but I would suspect that the handbrake cable has failed or at the least become detached at one of the rear brake shoes. Replacing the cable and inspecting the brakes probably 1.2 hours cable about $60.
1 answerSeptember 19, 2011
2 answersMarch 07, 2012
1 answerAugust 25, 2012
2 answersJanuary 31, 2013
1 answerMarch 03, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
- what causes my 2001 Honda civic stall and squeal when I turn on the A/C or heat
- How do I get the MAP sensor off? It looks like it's held on by rivets, not screw
- Engine light came on got the code to replace air control valve .
- Why does my car start sometimes?
- I have a dead gas pedal. I get nothing when I press pedal. Something fell off.
1990 Honda Civic Estimates
- EGR Valve Replacement ($204 - 267) in Beech Bluff, TN
- Coolant Reservoir Replacement ($93 - 114) in Benton, IA
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($198 - 263) in Cisco, UT
- Ignition Lock Cylinder Replacement ($345 - 402) in Vesuvius, VA
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($274 - 346) in Long Creek, OR
- Drive Axle Assembly Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Orgas, WV