QUESTIONS

Q: oil change 2003 sl 500 problems on 2003 Mercedes-Benz SL500

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
I have put the plactic tube all the way down in the dip tube and I can only suck out 1 gal, or approx 4 liters of oil before the oil stops and the air begins. I am rather certin that the motor was at, or above the 8 liters of oil recomended since the "Above oil level" warning would come on sometimes indicating that I may have too much oil in the motor. Any suggestions? thanks.
No car image 94a1663db56199c5353592009e34aaa51078a2469bed068bb8d6f0ba43accf97
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
Was it over-filled the last time it was changed? I am not sure how it would suddenly be over-filled if nothing has been added... are you sure it's not the oil level sensor?

Does your Mercedes have a dip stick for the engine oil? I am aware of the transmissions using a tamper plug on the dip stick tube... what color is the oil that you've siphoned?
Wow. I would really stop trying to take oil out of your engine using this method. This is likely to cause problems or risk some problems for you, rather than fix a message you are getting on your dash.