QUESTIONS

Q: My car stalls, and no mechanics has been able to solve the problem! on 1994 Toyota Camry

Intermittently, the car stalls while idling or at start up. The car will turn over, but typically will start again only after I have put in neutral, then rock the vehicle a few inches! This usually happens after driving a short time, shopping for a brief time, then getting back in the car. One time it died while I was driving and I had to have towed. However, this was before I realized the "trick" about "rocking the baby".
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
Thanks for responding. In my quest to find the problem when searching the web, I did read about the idle air control and thought that might possibly be the problem.
IF all else fails , maybe pull fuel pump and inspect connections and pick-up screen? Does the symptom occur at any fuel level??
Thank you for replying. However, a mechanic did suspect it was the distributor, but discovered that it was not the problem.