Car Questions

My brake lights on my 1997 honda accord wont turn off...whats the problem?

(1997 Honda Accord)
in Beaumont, TX on August 23, 2010
My brake lights on my 1997 honda accord wont go off. This is the first time I have encountered this problem...whats the solution?
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
of Master Mobile Mechanics on August 23, 2010
Under the dash and located on the arm of the brake pedal, is the electrical switch responsible for the brake lights. Inspect this switch for normal operating ability (should be easy to see how it operates). If the switch is working correctly,take a standard test light and check for 12v power coming in and out of switch with pedal in default position. If power is present on both, replace switch. if only on the in side, you have a electrical short that is supplying full time power to the lights. You will need to seek professional assistance if this is the case.
Good Luck

DAN
www.mastermobilemechanics.com

i was driving today and i noticed smoke coming out from my cars Hood so I pulled over and pop the hood open and I not...
When i turn the headlights on the dash lights cut out and there is no turn signal