Mercedes-Benz ML350 4MATIC Reviews & Ratings

Read real experiences from Mercedes-Benz ML350 4MATIC owners like you.

Mercedes-Benz ML350 4MATIC Ratings Overview
18 car owners like you reviewed their Mercedes-Benz ML350 4MATIC. The average rating is a 3.5 out of 5.
Compare Car Reviews
Compare Vehicles
compared with
Mercedes-Benz ML350 4MATIC
By on 3/6/15 | El Prado, NM
We bought a used 2007 ML 350 from Albuquerque. First time in for service we got about 10 miles out and the sunroof would not close-had to take it back. Next time $600 dollars in repairs then the computerized electrical system had to be reset. The steering column had to be replaced because the horn kept honking, now the check engine light comes on then goes off then the brake light comes on then goes off-this car is costing us soooo much in repairs it is unbelievable! I do not want another Mercedes!
By on 12/10/14 | Beaufort, SC
I love the ML 350, it is a great SUV, runs like a champion!Looks brand new and I always get comments like when did you get a new car!!My Ml has just rolled over the 140K mark, It is the best.
By on 11/7/14 | Homestead, PA
Not sure why previous reviewer(same make, year, model)Mercedes
has such difficulty.
Bought mine pre-owned with 30,000 miles and now has 82,000.
Rides great, no problems except a few bulbs from time-to-time and then there was the trunk latch replaced.
Other than that, great car. Up to 81, 000. Plan to keep way past 100,000. My dad says cabs in Amsterdam uses same car!
Previous cars of mine required way more work.
I did get the CAR FAX before buying and it was good.
By on 7/22/14 | Greer, SC
Bought this one new and have suffered numerous problems since day one. Started with a steering column wire harness recall. Then the right rear shock failed. Both transmission and engine oil pan weld nuts for the drain plug failed at the first oil change. (bad welds) Then one of the a/c vents fell apart. I was able to carefully reassemble it. At 50k the right front wheel bearing failed. It failed again at 75k. At 74k the front differential bearings failed and it can only be replaced, not repaired since bearings come from Poland and significant careful shimming is required to replace them. OEM Michelin tires were incredibly noisy. This is my wife's car and she babies it, so there is no abuse. This is probably the worst car we have ever owned. My second Benz and even worse than the first so this is probably the last one we ever buy. Keeping it since we have spent so much repairing it that I can't justify selling it at a loss.
By on 5/7/14 | Youngstown, NY
Stay way from any 2006-2009 ML350. Major problems with transmissions.
Bought a 2006 ML350. 10 months out of warranty and went into "limp mode", stuck on first gear. Replaced transmission speed sensor ($1000). A month later, same problem, replaced Valve body ($2000). Still not fixed. Dealer says there's a know problem inside engine it takes 1 week and $5000 to fixed. Called Mercedes no help.

Other issues: Melted tail right tail assembly ($400), Computer for wipers ($1000), Secondary battery under passenger seat ($300).

I have two other Mercedes (2008 CLK550 and 2012 C300, no problems at all!)
By on 2/24/14 | Chicago, IL
Purchased a used 07 in 07 (10 months and about 15k miles) and has been a nightmare since day 1. Engine, trans, A/C, electrical, steering, etc....you name it, it has gone bad on this car!!!! My third MB and could very well be my last. Tired of filling out surveys that ask you how clean the waiting room was when this POS breaks down weeks after repairs. Called MB Corp, no help at all. The level of arrogance at MB dealerships is the worst part. They act like its a privilege to get repair work done every few months and are rarely willing to bend on very expensive solutions.
By on 4/17/13 | Spring Valley, NY
I have a 2007 ML350 which I purchased in 2009. I have no major mechanical complaints except that I am constantly changing lights bulbs (headlight, break lights, etc.)and the "Service B" indication keeps coming on. I've had an oil change maybe 2x a year being that I do a lot of driving but NEVER do I take it back to Mercedes, I take it to firestone or Mavis.

Wish I knew about the electrical problems, my trunk has stopped opening and closing by itself now I have to force it down and open myself.
By on 7/26/12 | Hillside, NJ
I purchased my 07 ML350 from Ray Catena in Union, Certified Pre-Owned with 16,000 miles in January of 2009. At time of purchase I was told I had "free" oil changes and 5 year factory warranty coverage. Lets just say, few months later check engine light was on, took truck to dealer, another few weeks later, service light was on and took truck back to dealer, most of the light bulbs were replaced within the first 3 months of ownership, NOTHING WAS FREE, oil change or service as I was told, in fact, it costs me about $700 each time I take for service, six months after purchase needed new tires and brakes...few months ago the heating system failed, no heat in truck when it was -0 degrees out, took back to fix, cost me $4,000. Check engine light back on, back to dealer. NOW, the entire right side of the truck HAS NO lights and I am being told is an electrical problem the truck has. For two years I have been back and forth replacing ALL bulbs in truck while it has been costing me a fortune, NOW I am told its electrical and I am out of warranty. What is going on??? NEVER again will I buy another Mercedes vehicle. Did I mention that I paid the vehicle in full (CASH/Check) at the time of purchase???
By on 6/3/12 | Hamden, CT
2008 Mercedes ML 350. I'd never purchase another vehicle from Bruce Bennett Nissan in Wilton, CT. They sold me a car with worn out rotors, leaking power steering system, needed an oil chane 2 wks after purchase and camshaft bolt leaks and gave me a hard time with fixing the leaks. Never returned phone calls. What a disgrace to America.
By on 5/17/12 | Mount Kisco, NY
Previously owned a 2002 320E wagon but as it got older, got to be too expensive to fix. Bought a used, 2007 350ML SUV with 30,000 miles on it. Starting making funny, sloshing sounds whenever I turned a corner. Took it in and they agreed to fix it. Apparently, had to remove the whole dashboard to do it. It was fine for a month or two and then started sloshing again. Brought it back in - took two weeks to fix it! When it was finally returned to me, they had disconnected the cigarette lighters so now I cannot charge my phone in the car. Have had the car back twice to fix and they still return it to me without fixing the cigarette lighters. Going back next week for one last time. This is my fourth and last Mercedes.
By on 3/21/12 | Alexandria, VA
I was rather surprised to find this site AFTER I purchased a used 2006 ML350. AND I wish I had never bothered. I was excited when I realized that I, single mother of three, would be able to afford the luxury of a Mercedes!! Not all that it's cracked up to be. Brakes (pads and rotors) always need replacing, which is odd because I do more distance driving than city (not alot of brake use). Power steering resivoir cracked (not sure how that happened), something with the transmission (left me on the side of the road during one of our family road trips) which was never diagnosed and now my blowers will not turn off causing my battery to drain and car would not start (some line clogged and causing a back up in fluids)......The disappointing part is that there are so many problems but not macy solutions or diagnoses for that matter!!! I can honestly say that the grand experience with the luxurious Benz has been nothing but pure hell. I will not buy another used vehicle EVER (especially not a luxury vehicle). Oh yeah, did I mention it was CERTIFIED!!!
By on 2/1/12 | Allentown, PA
In Aug. 2011 I purchased a 2007 ML350 through Lehigh Valley Acura/Vinart in Allentown. This is the first time I ever owned a Mercedes and I can honestly say, it will be the last time. In Dec. 2011, I took it to the dealership for my first "FREE" oil change. We drove the vehicle 33 miles and it started smoking. We immediately went back to the dealership.....long story short my "FREE" oil change resulted in a cracked cylinder head and $200 for my deductible. A vehicle I had for only 4 months with a $2900 repair!!! Now 1 month later the check engine light comes on. I went to the BMW dealership that completed the $2900 repair and now they are telling me that I need to replace a air mass sensor which will cost me another $200 for my deductible. How RIDICULOUS is this!! $400 in deductibles for a total of $3500 in repairs for a vehicle I have owned for 5 months. I'm so glad I waited to fill out my survey on this dealership. I am a first and last time buyer.
By on 1/16/12 | Waldorf, MD
I bought my 2008 ML350 in Sept. 2010. I fell in love with the car, but the cost services and maintenance are ridiculous. I have previously owned BMWs, which I have never paid for maintenance or services in over 8 years. My only concern is when the 'brake wear' light comes on. My light was on 4 days before I took my car in for repair. I'm thinking that maybe my brakes were the only things bad, but I had to replace all brakes and rotors. When the light comes on, don't hesitate because it could have been more damage had I waited any longer. Now that I have reached 45k miles, the check engine light comes on today!!!! I have spent more on services and maintenance than I really care to. Although I think Mercedes is a great car, I will probably go back to BMW. Sorry!
By on 11/21/11 | Eagle River, WI
Bought this same 08 ML 350 as in picture 1 year ago and could not be more pleased with the purchase. It had been well taken care of and less than 32,000 miles on it. So far running perfect no engine codes, oil change did myself and went perfect. I have owned all 3 american car manufacturer vehicles in the past and I am absolutely convinced MB is in a class of its own. My life long dream has been to own a Z06 corvette now I am giving the SLK AMG 500 a close look. Fit finish is perfect, ride is rock solid. Must drive to appreciate!!!
By on 9/15/10 | Edwardsville, IL
Only has 30000 miles on it, but has been excellent so far. Only complaint is cost to service at Mercedes dealer, over $600 for routine 26,000 mile service, looking for a different service source.
By on 7/8/10 | Birmingham, AL
Bought in Oct. 2005 (2006 ML 350) 65000 miles and never a problem.
By on 7/2/10 | Columbia, TN
ALSO HAVE A 2000 ML320 WHICH HAS BEEN A GREAT CAR FOR 150000 MILES. THIS ONE IS EVEN BETTER. NEED TO REPLACE BRAKE PADS ON ALL MB'S WITH NON-DEALER CERAMIC PADS
By on 9/16/09 | Englewood, CO
Have 30,000 miles on my ML and no problems. Only factory recommended service. Relatively low service cost if you shop around. I use a quality independent and cost is half of dealer service cost. Brake pads are ok at 30k, but need replacement in next 6 months. Rotors ok till 50-60k. I love that the ML gives me the handling of a lux sport sedan, but the utility of an suv. Great all around vehicle.