We traced the noise to a small red plastic canister? Tube? that was connected to the master cylinder by two sires, a red and a black.. Don't know what the red plastic thing is or does. It looks like a cheap plastic checker with a small hole in middle, there appears to be a silvery plate inside the red thing that moves and creates the ringing. Clipped the wires and ringing stopped with battery connected. Now engine wont start, won't even turn over. All lights and elctrical working and no ringing.
LOUD PIERCING Ringing noise from engine. Only disconnecting battery makes stop. on 1997 Toyota Camry
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Camry Questions
- My 1999 Camry won't start, i replaced fuel pump, fuel rail & injectors, fires ok
- car will start sometimes but when it does wipers come on.
- Can I safely drive/ignore my transmission problem of hesitating acceleration?
- dash lights go out when headlights are turned on and lights around the radio.
- I am sorry if not the right place to ask this questio but, i am plannig to buy