We traced the noise to a small red plastic canister? Tube? that was connected to the master cylinder by two sires, a red and a black.. Don't know what the red plastic thing is or does. It looks like a cheap plastic checker with a small hole in middle, there appears to be a silvery plate inside the red thing that moves and creates the ringing. Clipped the wires and ringing stopped with battery connected. Now engine wont start, won't even turn over. All lights and elctrical working and no ringing.
LOUD PIERCING Ringing noise from engine. Only disconnecting battery makes stop. on 1997 Toyota Camry
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Camry Questions
- my engine over heats.heated up and burnt my gasket and radiator.
- how to get a distributor coil out
- while driving the gas stops responding-not the fuel pump and filter was replaced
- About what would it cost to have the undercarriage replaced?
- How much would it cost to have my oxygen senor replaced, cant pass smog test