We traced the noise to a small red plastic canister? Tube? that was connected to the master cylinder by two sires, a red and a black.. Don't know what the red plastic thing is or does. It looks like a cheap plastic checker with a small hole in middle, there appears to be a silvery plate inside the red thing that moves and creates the ringing. Clipped the wires and ringing stopped with battery connected. Now engine wont start, won't even turn over. All lights and elctrical working and no ringing.
LOUD PIERCING Ringing noise from engine. Only disconnecting battery makes stop. on 1997 Toyota Camry
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Camry Questions
- Cranks wont start choked by hand and finally fired ran rough n bogged out
- On my 2006 Hyundai Sonata the oil light never came on!
- Where is the fuel pump relay located
- Where is the fuel pump relay. Located.new fuel pump n filter won't start why not
- Automatic Transmission. I have reverse only. Drive does not light up only L & 2.
1997 Toyota Camry Estimates
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Front ($404 - 529) in Mound City, SD
- Manual Transmission Fluid Change ($93 - 150) in Hannacroix, NY
- Knock Sensor Replacement ($410 - 565) in Elton, LA
- MAP Sensor Replacement ($138 - 214) in Hanson, MA
- HVAC Blend Door Actuator Replacement ($288 - 846) in Hagerman, NM
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($423 - 781) in Ashland, NH