Q: liquid from PCV valve hose on 2002 Ford F-150

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
I found a ripped vacuum hose coming from PCV valve. When I purchased a new one, it comes as a unit (4 hoses and PCV valve). I removed busted hose just behind throttlebody (has 2 connections there), and when I removed 2nd hose at same location, some type of fluid came squirting out. It continued for a while until I reconnected hose. Did not smell like gas and did not feel oily. I wound up just using the small part of hose I needed and left the rest as is. Can you tell me what that fluid is and is this bad? Also, what do I need to do to correct it?
(1) Answer
It is not uncommon for coolant to flow through the throttle body on late model vehicles. It could be that you disconnected one of the coolant hoses from the throttle body on your 2002 Ford F-150. Do you think the hose with the fluid in it part of the PCV system? Can you follow the hose and see where it goes? Perhaps you will see that it indeed connects to the cooling system. Were the "extra" hoses that came with your PCV hose part of the PCV system? You could try looking at the under hood emission label for information on the vacuum hose routing.