Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Leaf spring

(1996 Honda Passport)
in Provo, UT on March 13, 2011
i need new leaf springs but i dont know where to get them other than the dealer any help??
Or can i convert it to a regular suspenstion system with shocks/struts
Displaying 1 answers & 3 comments
Popular Answer
on March 13, 2011
It will be way less expensive to stick with what you got. In your area there is likely a suspension shop that has a contact for leaf springs. I used to work at one where we built our own spring packs as per manufacturer spec. There may be one of those shops in the area. Ask around, look in yellow pages and I bet you can get help without going to the dealer. Why is it that you have been told you need new leaf springs? Broken or sagged or what?
on March 13, 2011
no spring in them any more there pretty much flat and the right side has a broken leaf in it
on March 13, 2011
If none were broken then could add a leaf on each side and rearch but if try that then will have one leaf newer on one side so recommend taking to a suspension shop for help, they can order in new sets and give you price first before any work done.
on March 14, 2011
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
Noise when weight shift side to side. removed tire and when shifting the drum back and forth the noise is duplicated.
I have a f250 super cab w/8ft. bed . i replaced the factory rancho shocks w/ billstein shocks for a 0 to 2in lift in ...
Didn't find what you were looking for?