Land Rover Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Land Rover
- Door Won't Open Due to Internal Failure of Rear Cargo Door Latch
- Leaking Head Gaskets May Cause Low Coolant Levels
- Coolant May Leak Under Middle Due to Leaking Throttle Body Deicer
- Defective Vehicle Height Sensor May Deactivate Air Suspension
- Sticking Windshield Wiper Switch May Cause Delay in Wiper operation
- engine is hard to start (hot or cold)
- My rover will start and run but dies when put into gear
- Car starts fine but drive it, turn it off, it won't restart.
- What to do about a Transmission Fault- Limited Gears Available" Warning.
- What is the cause of a P1472 and P1471 error message? See below for detail.
Land Rover Problems
Internal failure of the rear cargo door latch can cause the door to not open when using the outside door handle.
Land Rover Questions
Don't know if anyone have any more advice for me would appreciate it before i do anything stupid ....... Think it's the shift nob..... Not sure
Radio, nav. all inoperative.
mechanic checked fuses and states he doesn't think the fuses are the issue.
Land Rover Recalls
These vehicles are being recalled because their front brake lines (hoses) may rupture causing loss of brake fluid and braking control. Loss of front braking in a vehicle reduces the ability to stop suddenly, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the front brake lines and replace both as necessary.
An electrical connector for the driver and/or passenger side seat airbag may become disconnected due to insufficient clearance for the wire harness within the seat. If this were to occur the affected side airbag would not function as expected in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will modify the area around the problem connector to prevent it from becoming accidentally disconnected.
The brake calipers hold the brake pads in place and use hydraulic pressure to press the pads against the rotors when the brakes are applied. The bolts that hold the rear calipers in place may not have been sufficiently tightened during vehicle assembly. If the mounting bolts were to come loose, the caliper could detach from the vehicle resulting in loss of braking ability. The loose caliper could also strike the wheel, causing sudden deflation of a tire. Either of these situations may increase the risk of a crash. Land Rover dealers will inspect and tighten the rear brake caliper mounting bolts to correct this concern.
Land Rover Reviews
The tranmission and transfer case seem's to go often in these cars. I also had to replace the water pump and the reservoir tank twice in less than two month.
Rear differential just replaced under warranty at 33K miles. If it had been out of warranty it would have been $4000.00 for electronic locking rear diff. Not sure if I am going to keep Truck past 50K warranty period. Thought about buying extended warranty but they $5000.00 for 1 more year of driving in my case.
I recently purchased this vehicle used. I love it so far.