RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Q: lack of power with a 1812 valve body code on 1999 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup

truck had no power in passing gear and a shudder in the shifting so i changed the transmission now the shudder is gone and it shifts better but it still has no power,and I still have the valve body code.any ideas? this is a 4.3 v/6 automatic
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
good question it was a junk yard tranny and they sent me a second and still have the same issue exept the shudder is gone ( may have been the converter) but this is the second junk yard tranny and i still have the code and no power engine races to 4500 rpm and wont go over 50
well, i suggest you take your origina old trans to a shop and have them bench rebuild the trans. make sure you tell them the problem so they can look harder inside for the problem. i buy them over the counter for about 750 with a converter.

i just did the water pump and leaking tranny pan in mine.. told on the way out that the pressure hose for the power steering fluid is leaking.. i just realized what to do.. what i already knew.. stop buying total garbage that domestic companies produce and stick to anything else.. honda, toyota, nissan, hell even subaru.. sorry but its totally true.. i tried to go american a couple times now and just get burned by junk.. door handles, water pumps, window motors, tranny problems, ( 03 taurus with 55k), etc.. done chevy, done ford, done chrysler, done dodge, all total crap.. see you die hards later.... in my honda
I had da same prob so I replace da valve body & now it works like new. Try it I paid $350 for an aftermarkit. Just look for a TCC control valve body kit & tell dem u want compleat assembly with seal
Didn't find what you were looking for?