Car Questions

Keyless lock problem

(2005 Dodge Grand Caravan)
in Bothell, WA on April 08, 2009
Despite having changed the remote keyless entry battery my keyless system doesn't work, it makes the horn honk, lights go on but the locks don't respond at all. It does work the back door on the van, so I'm puzzled. thanks, McKay
Displaying 4 answers & 1 comments
on February 27, 2011
When my keyless entry system doesn't work, one obscure fix I've found is simply to remove a fuse in the fuse block next to the battery. It's called the "IOD" fuse, which means "Ignition Off Draw". Just remove it for several seconds and reinstall; then try your keyless entry system. It kills power to the Body Control Module (BCM), resets it, and then allows its program to work correctly again.
on December 26, 2017
This fix worked for me! Thanks so much whoever you are and God Bless for taking the time to assist others...saved me time and hassle!
on February 28, 2010
This is a known problem in the 2005, the BCM (body control module?) goes out and electrical systems inside the van start to go out, beginning with the power door locks, this should be a recall item, but apparently Dodge enjoys the $500 repair money more, so far I've had mine replaced twice and reprogrammed twice, still no power locks.
on April 22, 2009
Most likely a problem with the receiving unit for the power locks. That part will probably need to be replaced. It's likely that the doors and the rear door have a different receiving unit.
on July 01, 2010

It might have to be re-programmed. My grand daughter got hold of mine and after pushing the buttons several different times it messed up the computer that operates the key less remote. I had to take it to the dealer to get it repaired. Cost was around $100.00. She doesn't get to play with the keys anymore.

I have an 03 yukon. When went to start it this morning when it was pretty cold outside. It struggled to start due t...
I have a 2001 mountaineer and the power door locks keep cycling or clicking, when the car is off, thus draining my ba...