2004 Acura TL Q&A

2004 Acura TL Question: Is there a design problem on the 3rd Generation Acura TL Engine Mounts?

My 2004 Acura TL just rolled to 90,000 miles and after taking in in several times for front end noise without any successful diagnosis, I determined that it must be a motor mount issue. I took it in and was told that all but one of the engine mounts and all but one of the transmission mounts had failed. I have NEVER experienced a motor mount failure on any car (I am 49 years old) and when I finally purchased my first new car (2004 Acura TL) for $36,000, I have this level of failure. Although I love the body style and overall design, this car from a quality stand point has been a sad disaapointment. -
There is only one Technical Service Bulletin from Acura regarding the engine mounts but nothing regarding failure, no recalls, I have seen some failures of the TL mounts on cars we work on, I drive a TL as well and love it. -
Comment 1
It just seems odd to have multiple failures of engine and transmission mounts on a car with such low miles. Engine Compartment hood gas-charged lifter (YR 6) Fuel pump/regulator (YR 6) 3 of the 4 door handle trim pieces have all fallen off (at different times)(YR 3, $ 4 & 6) Accessory outlet shorted (seldom used for charging my phone)(YR 8) 3 of 4 engine mounts and 2 transmission mmounts failed (YR 7-8) Driver's seat adjustment motor currently is failing -