QUESTIONS

Q: I'm having problems with my anti-lock brake system. on 2008 Mercury Milan

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
Once the anti-lock brakes activates it seems to pump air in the hydraulic system. The first time I was able to bleed the brakes and bring the pedal back to normal. The second time bleeding the brakes didn't help. No warning lights appear and the brakes work fine, only the pedal is very close to the floor. I'm afraid it will not pass our state safety inspection. Any suggestions?
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
My 08 Milan has the same issue. This has been going on for about a year now. This past weekend was probably the 6th (and final) time. I made an appointment for an $1,100.00 repair to replace the ABS pump and module and I will be driving straight to the dealership for a new car because its all over the internet how this ABS system in Ford is a POS. It should be recalled. I hope that you are in a position that you can get rid of your car. I hope that you stay safe. I encourage you to report it to the NHTSA website and file a complaint https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/ if enough of us report the issue, they will have to issue an investigation/recall.
There are at least 40 people with this car experiencing this problem, which is a safety issue. KTVU/FOX, the number 1 TV station in San Francisco. CA is investigating. Please contact the producer,
Sharon: Sharon.navratil@ktvu.com (510)874-0500