Car Questions

I'm having problems with my anti-lock brake system.

(2008 Mercury Milan)
in Tomball, TX on November 27, 2012
Once the anti-lock brakes activates it seems to pump air in the hydraulic system. The first time I was able to bleed the brakes and bring the pedal back to normal. The second time bleeding the brakes didn't help. No warning lights appear and the brakes work fine, only the pedal is very close to the floor. I'm afraid it will not pass our state safety inspection. Any suggestions?
Displaying 4 answers & 0 comments
on November 13, 2015
My 08 Milan has the same issue. This has been going on for about a year now. This past weekend was probably the 6th (and final) time. I made an appointment for an $1,100.00 repair to replace the ABS pump and module and I will be driving straight to the dealership for a new car because its all over the internet how this ABS system in Ford is a POS. It should be recalled. I hope that you are in a position that you can get rid of your car. I hope that you stay safe. I encourage you to report it to the NHTSA website and file a complaint https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/ if enough of us report the issue, they will have to issue an investigation/recall.
of Greg's Orange Auto on November 27, 2012
could be abs issue seek diag and est to repair
on November 27, 2012
Possibly an issue with your ABS module.
on August 11, 2014
There are at least 40 people with this car experiencing this problem, which is a safety issue. KTVU/FOX, the number 1 TV station in San Francisco. CA is investigating. Please contact the producer,
Sharon: Sharon.navratil@ktvu.com (510)874-0500

I've taken my car to so many auto electricals they all have told me the same thing they can't find the problem with t...
Hello, so as mentioned above, my Alero's Anti-lock light, service light and traction off light comes on in reverse! ...