Car Questions

Im having air suspension problems on my ford 1999 expedition.

(1999 Ford Expedition)
in Kennewick, WA on May 11, 2018
Im having air suspension problems on my 1999 Ford expedition v8 engine. I’ve tested all the lines and bags for leakes with out problems. Replaced a rear height sensor. Checked the front height sensor works fine. The pump turns on and off no problem. The relay under the right fender is fine and the pigtails are good as well. I’m unsure why the bags aren’t getting air it’s driving me crazy.
What seems to make the problem better or worse? Nothing
How long have you had this problem? 6 months
Tags: air suspension, air ride, air pump, ford, expedition, expedition
Displaying 1 answers & 3 comments
on May 11, 2018
The pump may sound like it's working but is not actually creating any air pressure. Try taking the feed line off, activating the pump and testing for air flow

Alex
on May 11, 2018
So disconnect the air dryer from the pump and feel for air flow?
on May 11, 2018
Should I disconnect the hose lines from the drier and feel for air or remove the drier and feel air from the pumps unit?
on May 11, 2018
(Update) I removed the drier from the pump and felt air moving when the pump was on but i don’t know how strong the air is supposed to feel when it’s pumping. It wasn’t strong but it wasn’t weak either.
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

climate control has no power in my 2007 expedition
Replaces my climate control with a new climate control, but now i have no power. what to do
I Apply my breaks it slows down but the pedal c...
It stops but it’s like a sponge when you press pedal