Car Questions

Ignition switch problem

(2000 Dodge Stratus)
in York, PA on May 11, 2009
I bought this car about 6 months ago. Soon after buying it I noticed when I put my key in to turn car on it doesnt turn. I used to just fiddle with it a couple of times and it would work. This morning I went to go to work and it wouldnt turn at all. Took the top cover over the steering column off but cant get the ignition switch out. Anyone know how to get it to release? I know the key has to be in the run position but it still wouldnt release.
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
on May 15, 2009
Before you replace the ignition lock cylinder have a good look at your key, it could be that it is worn. If the key shows any signs of wear a new key may be all that is needed. The new key should be made from the factory key codes. Just making a duplicate of the old worn out key will not work.

It just started when my wife came home. There were no previous issues.
So I replaced the ignition switch which everywhere I’ve researched has said to do but it did not fix any of the probl...