Car Questions

Idling problems with 94 Escort

(1994 Ford Escort)
in Memphis, TN on January 31, 2011
Recently my car has had some idling related issues. It revs up really loud when I crank it then idles down, sometimes it idles up and down by itself, sometimes coming of the highway it is reved up at the stop, it wants to pull you along sometimes like the gas pedal is down too
Displaying 1 answers & 2 comments
on January 31, 2011
Sounds like maybe an idle air control valve issue or an air intake issue/vacuum leak causing air flow to be erratic.
on February 01, 2011
I know when the used head was put on that the valve guides were not redone wonder if that could be it, we looked at the hoses but not specifically that one, If I went to an honest mechanic, and I do know one, what would I ask him to replace the air control valve?
on February 01, 2011
A good mechanic would be able to asolutely tell you what is causing your concern. My suggestion is to let him do that - find out if it's the idle air control valve or an air intake leak. From there a repair can be made.
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

When i start the car when i come to a stop
Imy radiator is full but the reservoir is always empty and when the car is cold and i start it and drive 1/2 block to...