Car Questions

Idling problem

(1990 Mercedes-Benz 300E)
in Rochester, NY on September 07, 2010
trouble getting car to stay idled, it cuts off after taking foot of gas pedal
Displaying 1 answers & 0 comments
on December 11, 2010
I had a similar problem with my 90 300E. It would occasionally stall and idled roughly. I took it to a European specialized repair shop to have it tuned, distributor changed, new spark plugs and wires. I was disappointed when I received it back with the rough idle and occasional stalling continuing.

Fiddling around, I was looking under the hood. To the right front, behind the headlight, I found what appeared to be some sort of smog or air mixture devices. Looking closer, I found the vacuum lines to be cracked and aged/weathered. I bought 4mm vacuum hose and replaced each end (less than a foot of hose). From there on, it starts much better, rough idle is gone, no stalling, and accellerates very nicely now.

It's worth a try to look and very inexpensive fix. Hope this helps.
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Hello!! my 2010 f150 5.6l 3v engine makes a raspy knocking noise (sounds like a diesel engine) when in drive at low s...
Rattling while on and idling but not when driving