Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

I want to replace the front struts on my 90 tbird S/C.

(1990 Ford Thunderbird SC)
in Piedmont, SC on December 31, 2011
The struts on the car now have ride control, can I replace these with a regular strut? What will I do with the sensor that's on top of the old strut.
Displaying 2 answers & 3 comments
Popular Answer
on January 01, 2012
Go to a real parts store, NAPA auto parts. If you still have problems locating them contact me at
on January 02, 2012
I bought the regular ones at NAPA, the owner told that was the only listing he had for that model year.
on February 16, 2014 sells (used to sell) the original Tokico brand but are on back order.
that would be a place to start.
i guess...
on December 31, 2011
No you can not.
on January 01, 2012
Do you know if these parts are available, the parts house I've gone to don't even list a replacement??
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
I spoke to my stepfather who is a master mechanic and been one for 40 years... He is the one that has done 99% of th...
Didn't find what you were looking for?