Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

I need help on locating the freeze plugs on a 6 cyl jeep cheorkee HELP!! Please

(1990 Jeep Cherokee)
in Carson City, NV on November 28, 2010
The leak is at the driver side of the engine. When i add liquid to it it just runs out. Do i need to move any parts to get to that area?
Ask a Question
Displaying 2 answers & 0 comments
Popular Answer
on November 28, 2010
You should really pressure test the system to actually watch the leak in action. If the coolant just runs out, it must be significant enough to really see the source. The freeze plugs are located in the engine block itself. I would bet you have a hose leaking more likely...but then i'm not looking at your Jeep...
Sign in to reply
on April 04, 2011
you dont need to move anything to get to the freeze plugs. they are easy to get out but not so easy to get back in
Sign in to reply
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
A mechanic took off my catalytic converter. do i need to replace it or is it fine without it?
I have a 1999 jeep cherokee MOTOR burn up redid the MOTOR put back down in it now its not hittin on 1 and 2 cyclinder...
Didn't find what you were looking for?