RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Q: I just purchased this used car with 77,000 miles minimum records available on 2004 Hyundai Sonata

I took it b4 I bought it to a mechanic who said a few things needed to be done rack and pinion need to be replace eventually some leaking He also said the inner tie rods needed to be replace sooner. He suggested an oil change and tire rotation which I have done. I notice after driving it that to me it runs a little rough so I thought I should do spark plugs and wires + fuel filter or the general maintenance suggested by mfg at 75K What do you think ?
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
Spark plugs and wires are a good idea because those are probably the original ones in there. Change the air filter and clean MAF sensor and put some fuel system cleaner in your tank and then let us know how it goes.
| |
Many Hyundias call for timing belt change at 60,000 and if the belt breaks it is an interference engine and does serious damage. Have a post-purchase inspection done by a garage knowledgeable in Hyundia products, it will be money well spent,get them to prioritize repairs or maintainence needed right now or in the near future. Check here or try this link you may be able to down load a free copy of the owner's manual for your vehicle
Hyundai as a car manufacturer put a lot of free technical information and workshop manuals on line for Hyundai owners. Check out lots of great information.
I found a car fax which apparently the owner (3) that I purchased the car from had ordered on the back of that fax I found a note about the timing belt being replaced which would have happened between 09 and now, is there anyway to ascertain if that repair was done? Should I bring the car to a dealership for the post purchase inspection since I am not familiar with any locals, my other car was a Benz
Didn't find what you were looking for?