I have no overdrive in my truck what could the problem be?
1991 Ford Ranger

I have no overdrive in my truck what could the problem be?

(1991 Ford Ranger)
this past winter the gears were taking longer to change than normal then it one day the gears changed hard and every since I have had no overdrive but all the other gears work fine. What went wrong and how could I fix this problem in the least costly manner. I cannot afford the gas on this truck anymore. Please help!!!!!
1 answer & 0 comments
on June 14, 2011
I used to rebuild these transmissions at Ford Dealerships and if they lost over drive I would have to remove them and repair them. You may try doing a fluid and filter change and adding a fluid conditioner to help free up any sticking shift valves, if that has not been done in awhile, but only if the transmission has less than 100k on it, other wise it can be too risky.
General Diagnosis
$88 - $111 Learn More
on June 14, 2011

It takes 35-45 minutes for the ac to start blowing cold. then only stays cold when the truck is parked. cold air...
Changed everything on 199 ford ranger as far as cooling goes . runs fine on startup w/ ac on. drive it down the...