Car Questions

I have an engine stopping problem with my 1992 Buick Lasabre?

(1992 Buick LeSabre)
in Dallas, TX on May 16, 2011
The car was broken into and the person broke the left side of the collum and broke the linkage to start the car. I took out the old collum and put in a collum I got at a wreaking yard. I installed the new collum and then I took out the key switch from the old colum and put it in the new colum. The dash warning lights are on before I put the key in the lock and start the engine. When I turn off the car the engine does not stop. I have to disconnect the battery to stop the car. I would like to find out what I did wrong.
Displaying 2 answers & 0 comments
on May 17, 2011
Sounds like ignition switch at bottom of column is out of adjustment.
on May 17, 2011
Not possible to say what you did wrong. Please bring it in and we can diagnose the issues.

While driving the car sputters and loses power. Feels like it's going to stall while driving.
it is like a very faint ding ding ding, if I then manage to get out of congested area and fasten up the noise does no...