Car Questions

I have an electrical problem. When u turn the key on the battery light goes out.

(1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500)
in Wrightsville, PA on January 20, 2017
We replaced the battery first then alternator n starter. Still does the same thing. Amp meter on dash don't show more than 13. Alternator is charging. Where are the ground straps located on a 99 silverado 1500 4x4 LT. 5.3 L. I'm stumped. Unstump me please. Thanks
Displaying 1 answers & 4 comments
on January 20, 2017
Other than this battery light... Actually having any problems with the vehicle??
on January 21, 2017
Thanks for responding. The lights would dim truck would almost stall out the brake light comes on n goes off for no reason. I checked the ground wires seem to be OK. Any more suggestions. I'll wait for ur suggestions before I let it conquer me.
on January 21, 2017
Test the alternator using a volt meter at the battery terminals while engine is running .. Should be about 14 volts. (DC)
on January 26, 2017
Thanks pushrod. Volt meter showed 13 v but fluctuated that made me think ground. So I cleaned all 7 grounds 2 which were a little corroded no more problems, even the windows go up faster. I hate electrical problems. Thanks.
on January 26, 2017

Help. My 99 300m keeps burning out camshaft sensors. This is where I'm at. I've put in about 6 camshaft sensors fro...
So i have a 95 chrysler new yorker. Pretty much a brand new battery, maybe a few months old. The problem is, i can dr...