QUESTIONS

Q: I have an electrical problem. When u turn the key on the battery light goes out. on 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

We replaced the battery first then alternator n starter. Still does the same thing. Amp meter on dash don't show more than 13. Alternator is charging. Where are the ground straps located on a 99 silverado 1500 4x4 LT. 5.3 L. I'm stumped. Unstump me please. Thanks
Get a Repair Estimate
Guaranteed by certified locations nationwide. Learn more
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 1,700 quality certified locations nationwide. Learn more
Thanks for responding. The lights would dim truck would almost stall out the brake light comes on n goes off for no reason. I checked the ground wires seem to be OK. Any more suggestions. I'll wait for ur suggestions before I let it conquer me.
Test the alternator using a volt meter at the battery terminals while engine is running .. Should be about 14 volts. (DC)
Thanks pushrod. Volt meter showed 13 v but fluctuated that made me think ground. So I cleaned all 7 grounds 2 which were a little corroded no more problems, even the windows go up faster. I hate electrical problems. Thanks.