Car Questions

I have a problem with my licoln over heating , what could it be?

(1990 Lincoln Town Car)
in San Antonio, TX on October 05, 2010
My 1990 lincoln towncar is over heating , i have replaced the thermastat and have found no leaks. the radiator is circulating fine and the water pump works. The oil does not have water in it. It heats up when I have been driving it for over about 15 to 20 minutes. What else could it be?
Displaying 2 answers & 0 comments
on October 05, 2010
When you say it is overheating and it "heats up" - do you mean there is a gauge that reads high? Or does it actually boil over?

This engine (302 cu In. / 5.0L) is not one that commonly has cylinder head or gasket failure, so I'm likely to rule that out. I would make sure the fan is turning as it should.

If it is the gauge that is reading high, you may have a temperature sensor issue.
on October 06, 2010
You may have a fan clutch going bad. If you have gunk onthe front of the fan clutch, that means its leaking the special silicon out of it.
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Outside air temp. reads -127 degrees always
I have a 2001 lincoln continental. my abs light came on. i did some research however i cannot find how to tell if it’...