Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

I can

(1999 Ford Explorer)
in Philadelphia, PA on November 06, 2010
I can feel every bump on the passenger side does this mean I need new controll arms
Displaying 1 answer & 0 comments
Popular Answer
on November 07, 2010
No...not necessarily. You could have worn shock absorbers for one thing. You could have worn out ball joints. Or you could have a worn tie rod end.

Have the front end checked and shaken down for loose or worn out components. Inspect the shock absorbers for signs of oil leakage (and if at 11 years they have never been replaced -- they need it anyway...).

Good luck.
Sign in to reply
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
I have a 2005 toyota corollia that cranks but won't start. i've replaced the fuel pump,checked all the fuses and rela...
It started this morning this evening after work the lights all turn on but when i turn the key to start it, nothing h...
Didn't find what you were looking for?