Car Questions

Hydraulic clutch still giving me problems

(1990 Honda Accord)
in Apple Creek, OH on May 12, 2009
I replaced all the lines, master cylinder, slave cylinder, clutch and flywheel. But the clutch petal keeps sticking to the floor! I bleed it and its good for a day and then its back to being sticky again.. Now its so bad it wont go into any gear.....any suggestions?
Displaying 2 answers & 1 comment
on May 15, 2009
Most cars have a return spring on the clutch pedal which pushes the clutch pedal back up from the floor. Try looking under the dash to see if the return spring is damaged or the clutch pedal is binging on its pivot point.
on May 18, 2009
I looked at that and it all looks really new....I tried to bleed the fluid and it wont even bleed. I am guessing I was sold a bad master cylinder.
on June 02, 2011
My 1994 Ford Explorer gave me the same problem with no warning. Everything was changed but the mechanic found after he couldn't bleed it, air had accumulated in the line between the master and slave cylinder. He is now going to change that hose and hopefully it will work again. I was told by another great mechanic that it all could of been avoided if that hose was changed instead. Good Luck
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Had clutch replaced 30 days ago and driving home hard to get car to go in gear. stuck in neutral, rocked to get in 1...
It started few weeks ago rarely comes when the car in slow motion or still could , the message was (transmission faul...