Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

How would you know if you need a new head gasket or intake gasket?

(1999 Ford Taurus)
in Holly Springs, NC on October 14, 2014
My car shoots water and I believe gas from the tail pipe and I want to know if it can be fixed or should I get another car
Displaying 1 answer & 0 comments
Popular Answer
on October 15, 2014
Ouch! Not good if you're getting water and fuel mixing. This is a serious problem and I would not delay on getting the car to your mechanic. You could have a crack in the block. I hope this helps, good luck.
Sign in to reply
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
Idle surge, engine light on, hard to start if cold and high humidity mornings, but starts right up if the temperature...
When i bought this car i was told the slave cylinder may be a little tricky. well, you would have to push the clutch ...
Didn't find what you were looking for?