Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

How to fix cracked or warped head?

(1990 Honda Accord)
in Norfolk, VA on February 02, 2013
Not long after discovering a leak on and or. around the radiato. the car overheated on the interstate. After allowing 3 to 4 hours for. the car to cool it started & we were able to bring it home. We then noticed water in the oil & assumed it was due to a blown head gasket. We've since? replaced the head gasket only to find water in the oil all over again! We've been told by numerous people that this is a sure sign that the head is either warped or.cracked. My question is this: is there an affordable do it yourself way to repair this on your own?
Ask a Question
Displaying 2 answers & 0 comments
Popular Answer
on February 02, 2013
And you could have the head 'pressure tested & checked for straightness at a machine shop. Or you could get a good used motor. Or you could get a rebuilt cylinder head. And while you're in there , replace the water pump and cam , balance shaft and crank seals.
Sign in to reply
on February 02, 2013
yes, you could buy a repair manual
Sign in to reply
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
I hear air leaking from both sides in da back and it takes longer to rise the right side wont rise at all
I was trying to use the navigation system to go home and hit the home button. the system said... too far away, will p...
Didn't find what you were looking for?