How do i fix the problem?
1992 Mazda MX-3

How do I fix the problem?

(1992 Mazda MX-3)
Today I was washing my 92 mx3 and left her running I suddenly popped the hood and sprayed the engine at the car wash after I washed everything I hopped on and went and clean the inside of my car and went to back out after starting it up again and noticed it was idling strange and sounded different after getting on the road and trying to give gas it doesn't have the same amount power sound and it doesn't get going very well at all now and it also dies and first gear is hard to get going with out it dying did I get water in my distributor, spark plug wells, maybe the air filter? or did I really mess something up? I'm a beginner with cars it's my first car. Please give me any good advice or tips to help this problem.
2 answers & 0 comments
on March 06, 2017
just keep an eye out for what scrap metal is going for per pound in Spokane, WA! hopefully you're joking about pressure washing that engine with it running or even not running?
General Diagnosis
$88 - $111 Learn More
on March 06, 2017
on March 07, 2017
Make sure you shut down the engine before the water has any chance of reaching the air intake. If this has already happened and the engine has stopped, do not try to restart it.

Using the starter motor in the aim of bringing the engine back to life is the most common way to solve the problem (if no damage has occurred), but only after the combustion chamber has been given an orifice to eliminate the water through - this can be done by removing the spark plugs or the injectors, but I'd recommend towing it to your nearest Certified shop to have them help you before further damage is done, especially since it's your first car!

Water can lead to problems so profound the engine needs to be replaced altogether. Only a shop can evaluate the situation for certain.

I had the intake manifold gasket and thermostat replaced at the tune of 676.00 in jan. now the van broke down...