Car Questions
RepairPal is your advocate for car care advice and guidance

Heater outlet tube 4.2L

(1999 Ford F-150)
in Redlands, CA on June 02, 2011
I was trying to take out the heater outlet tube. It is about 6 inchces long at a 90' angle. There is not much room. It broke flush with the engine block hole it is in. How do i remove this? Do i have the remove the intake manifold??
Displaying 1 answer & 0 comments
Popular Answer
on June 02, 2011
I assume the tube is a steel tube, about 3/4" in diameter, pressed into a hole in the block, not easy to get to.. I'm not familiar enough with this motor to remember how the heater tube is located, but what I've done in the past is to score the inside with a sharp chisel or a hand grinder, being careful not to damage the block, and once cut, remove it by prying up a bit of it and pulling with a vice-grip or needle nose pliers. Good luck. I don't know whether you'll have to remove the intake but if you can't get to it any other way, you may.
Sign in to reply
Get a repair estimate
RepairPal estimates are guaranteed at over 2,000 quality certified locations nationwide.
Or interested in getting a repair? Find a Shop

Similar Questions

View answers to similar questions from RepairPal's community of auto experts and enthusiasts.
I have a 99 f150 swb ext cab with 5.4 & 4r70w. tranny has no fwd gears at all but reverse is all good. i figure ...
Checked fuse 27 good. even switched out the relay. just cranks. acts like it could start a couple times but nothing.
Didn't find what you were looking for?