will the car start when it has a blown head gasket. how can you tell the timing chain needs to be replaced.
head gasket and timing chain on 2004 Ford Explorer
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Brian Glastetter ,
February 14, 2011
Yes, a vehicle will start with a blown head gasket, but will have excessive white smoke/ steam coming from the tailpipe. It is usually accompanied by a rough idle and consuming coolant. A worn timing chain usually makes a rattling noise at idle on this model. It sounds as if the engine needs some major repairs.
2 answersMarch 03, 2014
Why will my 2002 ford explorer crank up but not start after I changed my cracked head gasket had my timing chain set and changed the spark plugs and wires feel like I have tried everything
1 answerJune 02, 2016
Verified for the Ford Explorer204 reports
2 answersAugust 26, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- fuel pump pressure problems
- What does it mean when it shows charging system service now on a 2017 Ford explo
- My 1998 ford exploer sport wont start after driven and shut off.30 mins it start
- How much does it cost to replace harmonic balance on 1999 Buick century custom
- what is the cost to repair all the timing belts in vehicle?
2004 Ford Explorer Estimates