Car Questions

Have checked assembly, bulbs, retainers and the problem persists: shakey headlights.

(2000 Lincoln Town Car)
in El Paso, TX on May 05, 2011
Do I need to replace the whole headlight units, I mean the complete assemlby? Apparently everything is in its place, but headlights shake while riding and really need to know if there's a solution. Thanks.
Displaying 1 answers & 6 comments
on May 05, 2011
If the lamps themselves are moving, it must be how they are mounted. If the bulbs are shaking inside the housings - that could be an issue.

I think if you had a technician local to you have a look at them with you, there would be a solution pretty quickly.

Click that link for some shops near you.
on May 06, 2011
It must be that bulbs shake, because every time I check make sure lamps get mounted properly, once the retaining clamps go all the way down they don't move, they feel very tightly installed.
on May 06, 2011
Kind of bizarre; make sure you have the correct bulbs installed - it's possible a similar size bulb is in the housing, but the bulb itself is wrong. Go to a parts store and look up the right application. It's worth $20 to get two new bulbs to see.

I've also seen where "special" bulbs that are installed (the kind that pretend to be HID bulibs) can also melt the housing, causing all kinds of problems. Look for the housing mounting area too and make sure it's ok.
on May 07, 2011
Thanks for your answenrs and good advice. Bulbs are 9007 application, as indicated in owners manual, they are sylvania's silverstars. I am starting to think if the bulbs are not snugging fit in the assembly...or what else could cause this?
on May 07, 2011
Again, check the mounting of the bulbs - they may not be seated correctly or the plastic may be malformed at the lamp assembly.
on May 18, 2011
Finally discovered the reason headlights wobble: level unit inside assembly started to get loose with time and every bump in the road makes it tremble. Got to replace whole assembly, so owners of LTC model 2000 keep this in mind
on May 18, 2011
How horrendous is that? Thanks for the update, and sorry the solution is rather unreasonable.

Everytime I start my 2003 Lincoln Towncar, my windshield wipers come on and do 2 wipes and then stop. I was thinking ...
I have a 1999 Lincoln Town car. The blower will only run on high. I can not adjust from low to high but can move blow...