Has anyone seen this problem?
1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty

Has anyone seen this problem?

(1999 Ford F-350 Super Duty)
The truck idles fine but when you try to go it looses all power like it is starving for fuel. Not throwing any codes.
in Jackson, TN on June 16, 2010
5 answers & 1 comment
on July 07, 2010
My 2000 F-350 has ben doing the same thing ever since the recall of the cam sensor.I keep all filter changed I have drained and checked the fuel water seperator I have brought it to 3 ford dealers and they can't figure it out. The truck never does it when it's on the computer. I pull horse and hay trailer's and it powers down all the sudden mostly when I go to take off from a light or when im turning. The only thing I can think of is replacing the fuel pump which is $400. When the fuel pump looses pressure it can skip which would cause loss in fuel.
My 99 7.3 did this exact thing one day after I washed my engine. I quickly found that the connector on the ICP sensor got water into it and corroded almost instantly when the power was applied causing false signals. I cleaned the terminals and applied grease between the ICP and it's connector, been running fine for two years now. Corroded connectors to sensors are over looked and cause a lot of wasted money changing parts looking for a problem that's not there. I went over all my connectors and applied dielectrc grease after that. Most mechanics assume that because its a weather connector, it won't get water in them and never look at them. Plastic cracks and rubber does too over time.
General Diagnosis
$88 - $111 Learn More
on July 07, 2010
My 2005 Ford F-350 is doing the same thing but im blowing white smoke with it but its not my head gasket the only other think that i found that could be wrong was the turbo the gasket on it is probably bad and let go so you might want to bring it to ford and have them look at it or buy a new turbo but if your not blow white smoke looking at the fuel pump or if you see white with blue tint or even a little blue its your injectors sticking.
Engine failure 7.3 diesel. Replace CPS (Cam position Sensor). Bad oil leak. Improperly diagnosed as rear main seal. High pressure oil lines that deliver to fuel injectors leaking. Check for oil in centre of engine gulley. Replaced HPO lines at elbow. No oil leak. Dealer forgot to top up oil. Poor running on morning start-up. Stalls when cold. If oil level gets too low, oil pressure is too low on warm up to deliver to HPO lines, thus injectors won't work properly. Always check oil levels if vehicle runs poor especially at morning warm-up etc.
injector driver module
This may sound wierd but I have a friend with a 99 with the 7.3 and his truck was doin that. It would idle fine but when he tried to go he lost all power and could barely move. The solution ended up being changing the oil because Fords use the high pressure oil pump to lube the injectors and when you go awhile without changing it, it will make the injectors stick like there is trash in them

My wife drove our car the other day, and the next, it wouldnt start. all it did was click a couple of times...