GMC Sierra 3500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your GMC Sierra 3500
- Check Engine Light Due to Gas Cap Issue
- Daytime Running Lights are Prone to Burning Out
- Parking Brake Does Not Hold Due to Worn Parking Brake Shoes
- Check Engine Light Due to Restricted Secondary Air Injection Check Valves
- Replace ABS Control Module to Prevent Pump From Running After Ignition is Turned Off
- My 05 GMC 3500 heat and ac fan only works on the first 3 settings not the
- Every time I turn the ignition off and back on all the readings will reset
- My Heated Seat Control keeps coming on without notice & It wont shutoff turns on
- 2005 gmc sierra 4x4. My power steering and brakes are not working. why?
- How do you adjust the parking brake cable
GMC Sierra 3500 Problems
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
The daytime running lights are prone to burning out. Our technicians tell us that the light sockets may show signs of heat damage but usually are OK. Always be sure to use the correct replacement bulb for the best life expectancy. The new bulb recommendation for 2001-2003 models is #4114K (trade number).
Units with 4 wheel disk brakes may develop at situation where the park brake does not hold as it should. Our technicians tell us this can be caused by worn park brake shoes located inside the drum section of the rear brake disks. The worn shoes should be replaced and properly adjusted to correct this issue.
GMC Sierra 3500 Questions
The heated seat indicator comes on and I shut it off and it constantly comes back on automatically. Any suggestions what the problem would be?
GMC Sierra 3500 Recalls
The heated washer module under the hood could overheat due to excessive current draw. Under certain conditions, this could result in an under hood fire. This previous recall attempt in 2008 to repair this concern did not have the expected success. Dealers will now permanently disable and remove the heated washer module to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin on June 20, 2010.
The wiring to the washer system heater may overheat due to a failure in the heater module. This could cause other electrical features to malfunction, smoke to develop, and an electrical fire could result. Dealers will install a wire harness with an inline fuse to protect the washer heater module. This recall is expected to begin on September 12, 2008. The General Motors recall number is 08048.
GMC Sierra 3500 Reviews
My 1st diesel and I LOVE IT!!! The Duramax is a fantastic engine. Bought with 162,756 on the clock and she runs as new if not better. I just drove across the USA with ZERO issues, this is a keeper machine for me.
I bought this 3500 last week with a lot of highway miles but it runs like new. I am amazed at the power the 6.6 Duramax Diesel engine has, coupled with the Allison tranny, WOW! Best truck I have ever owned.
1 Bad ASS truck, 160,000. Best for the money.