Fuel gauge problems
1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Fuel gauge problems

(1999 Pontiac Sunfire)
My wife keeps complaining that the fuel gauge isn't working properly. I have driven the car and sure enough the low fuel light comes on at odd times and the gauge will fluctuate wildly. I have already had the sending unit on the pump assembly (the olld one was definately shot) and it got better but still is inaccurate and the light still comes on. What could be the problem and how would I have it fixed? I kind of need to know what to tell the mechanic. Thanks
1 answer & 1 comment
on June 23, 2010
no, the mechanic needs to tell you what needs to be fixed. that is his job.
lots of connector issues with the fuel pump and the senders.

Roy
the mechanic is stumped as well and doesn't want to spend the time on it (it is an 11 year old vehicle). So I am researching it. I will have him check the connections however thanks for the help.
General Diagnosis
$88 - $111 Learn More
on June 23, 2010
no, the mechanic needs to tell you what needs to be fixed. that is his job.
lots of connector issues with the fuel pump and the senders.

Roy

The problem occur everytime i start the car. sometimes the car is empty and it mark full and sometime it is full and...
Other day i filled up the gas tank all the way till it topped off. when i was driving the fuel gauge was marking it...