Machinist in Nashville. Was told it could also be 1 of the 2 Cat. Converters thats on my truck is clogged. Was also told to install new fuel filter & go from there. Im going insane, and its hard to take it to a shop when your laid-off and the money is xtremely tight !
Engine shutting off & latest opinons from others on 1992 Ford Ranger
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Ranger Questions
- When driving truck in overdrivie it cuts out like it's not firing all cylinders
- How do you replace the idle air bypass valve?
- When coming to a stop sign/light or slowing for a turn, the engine stalls.
- Intermittent popping noise while in 4WD, and acts like it's trying to disengage.
- Why can't I get 4x4 switch to turn off ?
1992 Ford Ranger Estimates
- Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($102 - 172) in Mantee, MS
- Spark Plug Replacement ($192 - 267) in Fenton, IL
- 7,500 Mile Service ($53 - 93) in North Stratford, NH
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($200 - 280) in Viroqua, WI
- Pre-Purchase Car Inspection ($105 - 134) in Pleasant Grove, CA
- Air Conditioning System Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Artois, CA